This systematic review, which includes 27 studies across five models of care, evaluates the effectiveness of programs to improve care and lower cost for people with multiple chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Two models — care and case management and disease management — showed improvements in one of the key outcome measures.
- Care and case management models showed reductions in cost.
- Disease management models showed improvement in clinical outcomes.
Posted to The Playbook on
Adults Under 65 with Disabilities
People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Key Questions Answered
- What care models are effective in improving health and lowering costs for people with complex needs?
- What are the attributes of evidence-based care models?
Level of Evidence
StrongWhat does this mean?