Key Questions Answered
- What is the current state of complex care?
- What are priorities for advancing the field?
Key Themes and Takeaways
This resource outlines the current state of complex care and recommendations for the future.
- To advance the field of complex care, three organizations—the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers’ National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs, the Center for Health Care Strategies, and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement—came together to create the Blueprint for Complex Care.
- Based on a literature review, interviews, surveys, and an expert meeting, the partners identified ten near-term priorities for strengthening the field of complex care.
- Recommendations include developing core competencies and quality measures; promoting integrated, cross-sector data infrastructures, and creating a field coordination structure that facilitates systems-level change.
Adults Under 65 with Disabilities
People with Advanced Illness
Frail Older Adults
People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Level of Evidence
Uploaded to The Playbook