Technical Assistance Tool
This resource provides guidance for state leaders in establishing and advancing complex care programs.
- Since 2013, the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) Health Division has worked with 10 states and one territory, providing technical assistance to develop state-level solutions for complex care populations.
- Alignment across state and local initiatives is essential for developing care delivery and payment strategies, creating efficiencies, and simplifying consumer engagement.
- A data-driven approach is the cornerstone of successful, sustainable programs, from identifying the target population to monitoring progress.
- It’s crucial to bring in the right people early and engage them in implementation.
Posted to The Playbook on
Adults Under 65 with Disabilities
People with Advanced Illness
Frail Older Adults
People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Key Questions Answered
- What are some state-level approaches to establishing and supporting complex care programs?
- What lessons have emerged from these programs?
- What are the details of the programs?
Level of Evidence
Expert OpinionWhat does this mean?