This resource collects the most innovative initiatives in Medicaid managed care that emerge each year.
- Health plans submit their best practices for consideration of inclusion in this exclusive publication.
- The best practices in this year’s publication address important health care topics, including psychiatric care, social determinants of health, and substance use disorders.
- The innovations are divided into five categories: behavioral health, long-term care and transitions of care, children’s health, and oral health. For each category, a winner is selected.
- Examples of selected programs include support services to mentally ill homeless people who were formerly incarcerated, a 24/7 crisis response line for foster children with psychiatric needs, and multidisciplinary chronic pain management.
Posted to The Playbook on
Adults Under 65 with Disabilities
People with Advanced Illness
Frail Older Adults
People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Key Questions Answered
- What are some new, promising innovations in Medicaid managed care?
- For each initiative, what are the methods, outcomes, and lessons learned?
Level of Evidence
PromisingWhat does this mean?